Dr. Philip Memoli, D.M.D., F.A.G.D., F.I.N.D., C.N.C.
Dr. Philip Memoli is the founder of the Center For Systemic Dentistry, and has nearly 30 years of experience in systemic (holistic) dentistry, acupuncture/acupressure, homeopathy, and nutrition, which, along with traditional dental methods, form the basis of his dental practice. Dr. Memoli regularly receives referrals from medical doctors for patients who are experiencing mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings.
Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (now Rutgers Dental School)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 28 years in mercury free and holistic dentistry
- Extensive traditional and holistic training in dentistry
- Certified in nutrition
POST-GRADUATE DENTAL STUDIES
Dr. Memoli believes a holistic dentist must be proficient in both traditional and alternative dentistry. He has completed numerous programs and studied with the best teachers of the traditional mindset. Below are several of those teachers and programs:
- The Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, Florida.
Many consider it to be the premier postgraduate study. Pankey teaches dentists in the field of restorative dentistry (fillings), occlusion (the bite, muscles and TMJ) and prosthodontics (tooth replacement options).
- The Dawson Academy in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Dr. Dawson “wrote the book” on occlusion (bite problems) and on how to diagnose and perform complete rehabilitation of the mouth.
- The Restorative Practice in Lakeland, Florida.
Dr. Fillastere, a colleague of Dr. Dawson, also had an institute in which he focused on causes of tooth loss and on the many options (excluding implants) for restoring mouths with missing teeth.
- The Spear Institute.
Dr. Spear offered a course of study in cosmetic dentistry, including the use of ceramics and porcelain restorations. The course also covered treatment planning of complex cases involving multiple specialties, such as restorative-orthodontic cases and periodontal cases.
- Creating Restorative Excellence
The institute, run by Dr. Kois, concentrates on diagnosis and the treatment of complex cases. He focuses on mouths with advanced periodontal disease and requiring occlusal (bite), jaw and whole mouth reconstruction.
- Dr. Mark Piper.
Dr. Piper is a surgeon who has devised the most comprehensive staging system for TMJ problems.
POST-GRADUATE NATURAL HEALING COURSES
Dr. Memoli has many patients with systemic conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, chronic infectious diseases (lyme, co-infections, Epstein-Barr virus, etc), as well as immunological and other diseases. In order to work effectively with his patients’ physicians or their alternative practitioners, he needed to understand these diseases. In that pursuit, he has studied with the following:
- The Institute of Functional Medicine.
This series of courses for integrative offices focuses on the use of biological functional tests (tests designed for early diagnosis) and nutrition (supplementation and food as a “cure”) to correct pre-disease states.
- Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice
Drs. Jonathan Wright and Alan Gaby give a course on protocol and research in nutrition.
- Certified Nutritional Consultant (CNC)
A formal study of and testing in nutritional therapy, resulting in certification.
Training in BioSET, founded and perfected by Dr. Ellen Cutter. It is an allergy desensitization therapy similar to NAET but focuses more intensely on medical conditions.
- Acupuncture Training (non-needle)
Training in electro-acupuncture according to Voll (EAV), the vegetative reflex test (V. R. T. or VEGA test), and autonomic reflex testing (ART).
- Institute for Health Realities (Sam Queen)
Training in the understanding of blood chemistries.
- Continuous Studies
Through various teachers, lectures, research articles and personal experience, Dr. Memoli has also studied homeopathy, herbology, nutrition, neural therapy, and cell salt therapy.
FOUNDER AND TEACHER
- Co-founder of the Institute of Natural Dentistry (2000-2007)
- Co-founder of the Institute of Nutritional Dentistry (2000-2007)
- Founder of the Institute of Systemic Dentistry (2007-Present) (systemicdentistry.org)
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Fellow of the Institute of Natural Dentistry (FIND)
LEADERSHIP AND TEACHING
- Co-founded the Institute for Natural and Nutritional Dentistry.
- Founded and lectures at the Institute for Systemic Dentistry.
ARTICLES AND COURSES
- Articles by Dr. Memoli are posted on our site (LINK IN FUTURE).
- Courses are offered to dentists and patients on various holistic healing modalities (LINK IN FUTURE).
REFERRAL TO A QUALIFIED HOLISTIC DENTIST
- For patients who cannot travel to The Center For Systemic Dentistry, please contact us to be referred to other qualified dentists in the United States and Canada.